Since its launch in November 2021 (see the press release of our launch), Known has consistently grown ahead of its strategic plan—a clear response from the market that signals a need for our services and vision.
We need an experienced Accountant who will manage and maintain all accounting activities for various Known entities. If you currently work at an RIA or other types of financial services firms and want to join a team of changemakers that are disrupting wealth management to be more diverse, sustainability focused, and knows how to have fun, we’d love to hear from you!
This position works with the CFO day-to-day for all aspects of the month-end close, month-end financial statements, reconciliation of accounting activity, cash projections, bank reconciliations and accounts payable and receivables for various company entities.
Known Holdings is a finance and asset management firm that manages, structures and deploys capital into places that matter. Launched in 2021, Known Holdings is Black-, Indigenous-, Latinx- and Asian American-founded, and serves as a growth platform for the investment and sustainable growth of New Majority (also referred to as “BIPOC,” Black, Indigenous, People of Color) fund managers, financial advisors, bankers, and entrepreneurs.
Known Wealth is a wholly owned subsidiary of Known Holdings and is an SEC Registered Investment Advisor offering Asset Management and Investment Advisory services with a focus on generating financial returns while reducing the racial wealth gap. Known works with founders, families and asset owners who value powerful, long-term impact and see the opportunity in the economy powered by the global majority.
We value prioritized communities and the New Majority at Known Holdings. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
Finance & Accounting Duties
- Update, maintain accounting data, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and financial data across multiple corporate entities in QuickBooks
- Prepare inter-company cost accounting transaction values and record transfers or JE’s
- Manage corporate expenses, bills, and reimbursements through Ramp
Accounts Management & Reporting
- Reconcile all accounts monthly, prepare wires and ACH transfers for approval
- Create budget and track monthly variance analysis (budget vs. actual reports)
- Monitor and track cash flow; providing monthly cash positions and forecasts
- Prepare monthly financial reports for Partner review and discussion
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years’ experience in accounting
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and practices
- Must have experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office, with excellent proficiency in Excel
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy and completeness of work
- Process-driven and proactive with excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to identify, research and solve problems in a timely manner
- Agile ability to manage multiple tasks, systems, and processes while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment and independently
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 2+ years’ experience in the Wealth Management (RIA) industry preferred
- Prior experience with Ramp helpful
- Foster a positive atmosphere within the office and with clients
- Display strong team-oriented, supportive, and collaborative spirit
- Present professional behavior, appearance, and etiquette at all times
- Be proactive and take ownership of your work
- Work at a high level of independence
- Benefits include dental, vision, health care, and 401(k) with automatic contributions
- Financial support for professional accreditation and continuing education requirements
- Transparent open-door culture and friendly working environment
- Every employee is provided with a dedicated mentor and career path guidance which includes weekly check-ins with direct manager
This is a hybrid position and is based in the NYC area. Coming to our Hudson Yards office will be required 1-2 times a week. Other job requirements such as a background check, US passport, COVID and other vaccinations proof will be requested prior to hiring decision.