Marketing & Communications Associate
Since its launch in November 2021 (see the press release of our launch), Known has steadily built a strong core point of view and brand direction. What we don’t have is an expert that can take those basic foundational blocks and build a cohesive social media strategy across multiple channels for our two key audiences (founders/investors and the general public). We have templates built and a great outsourced design firm. We’ve got a “make it plain” sensibility. Now we’re looking for someone who has an understanding of the technical and cultural aspects of building a social media strategy, paired with the phenomenal communication chops to nail down our voice, own it, evolve it, and ensure that it does what we want it to do. What’s that? We are here to build a multigenerational institution that nurtures and grows the people we love, and to create a fan base of people who are willing to make the sacrifices to help us get there. (Listen to Tressie McMillan Cottom explain.) If you believe you can help us do that, we’re hoping you’ll join our team.
We value diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging at Known Holdings. Women, people of color, trans/genderqueer, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
- In partnership with the Managing Director, develop, implement, and evolve our social media strategy
- Define our most important social media KPIs
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies
Content & Execution
- Manage and oversee social media content
- Measure the success of every social media campaign
- Monitor user engagement, and suggest content optimization tactics
- Work with our designers, copywriters, and other team members to ensure content is in our voice and is compelling to our key audiences
- Collaborate with other team members
- Hire and train other team members
- Provide constructive feedback
- Proactively anticipate and resolve problems
- 3+ years of experience managing social media campaigns
- Excellent knowledge of existing social media platforms and best practices
- Understanding of user engagement and web traffic metrics
- Phenomenal copywriting, multitasking, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Team player
Desired Qualifications (bonus, not required)
- Audio/video editing skills
This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in the continental US. The position is generally required to work East Coast business hours. The annual salary range for this position is $60,000 to $75,000. Known offers competitive benefits to full-time employees.
To apply, please submit your resume and short form writing sample here.